Monday, March 26, 2012

auction fun!

Oh I had a very good time at the auction yesterday!
I got some great treasures.  
I do admit to squealing a few times when 
my bid was the winning one~




 I already had this ticking mattress that will look nicely on the rusty old bed frame.


                        This scrapbook was from a golden anniversary....they were married in 1881~
                                                   I do love old writing and papers and just a 
                                                                           glimpse
                                                                      of their story...


I am a typewriter addict I think.
Something about the words.
The library catalog
is really cute too.


 I have loved old boxes since my first Jack Daniel's box in college.  Hmmm, quite a 
number of years ago!
These will look great with geraniums in them
won't they?


I haven't been to an auction in a very long time.
It was a day of fun and 
soul restoration.
Joy in small things, ordinary moments,
a day of play.
May God give you such a day of joy.

deedee

1 comment: