Wednesday, May 23, 2012

They really are Possible!

With a little time
and lots of help from
my daughter,
look at 
the fun we had
redoing our living room!


The mantle got an updo,
with the gold frames tying it
together.


This broken chandelier
has some character,
only 2 arms are in tact.  Maybe it
will someday be a jewelry display piece.
And my favorite garden
statue of all times,
too crumbly to go outside,
but bringing me joy when I see it indoors.


The wildish rosebush in the backyard
surprised me the other day.
It's tucked away close to the house
and I just happened upon it
not knowing it had
blossomed.
That's a lot like watching
our children grow.
It's the daily mess and diapers
and feeding (I had 4 children in 6 years)
 and wondering if you'll ever talk
to adults in complete sentences again, and
then realizing
in a moment, that your
cute little preschool singing, "Old McDonald had a farm,
e-i-e-i-e,"
has grown into a brave, talented and confident young lady.


Blossomed, beautifully.


Of course,
throughout the day dedicated
to housecleaning, I had to 
go rust some things
and play a bit too!





Yes, dear, all things are possible
with God."  Raising children
most importantly
and even
those least 
things,
like housecleaning.


with joy,
deedee

No comments:

Post a Comment