Wednesday, May 9, 2012

gathering

On Saturday I got to take some jewelry 
and other fun
and inspiring goodies
to my newest store,
 A Joyful Cottage in Estes Park.



As I was preparing to go, I gathered 
a few props to display with,
I threw in an old
Remington typewriter 
at the last minute.
It's a good thing I did.
I ended up having to do a table
and wall display.  I had
a piece of pattern paper, two lace doilies
and the boxes I carried thing up in!
It actually turned out pretty cute.


I've been organizing my studio
so I can get back to jewelry making.
I haven't actually made any
in several months.
It's sign season mostly.
But now I am jazzed to start playing again.




There's just something about rosaries I love.
The patina,
the prayers,
the hope.
The reminder that Jesus loves us so.



On the way home I went treasure hunting with my friend.
The one who made the display work with our
few supplies.



I really love the hunt.
And the find.
It wasn't until I went to take photos a few days
later I realized this pot was stamped made in Italy!




Does anyone know who these
lovely statues are?  I think maybe one is St. Francis.



I am drawn to old boxes.
and pillars.


Treasure hunting.
It's inspiring.
Why do old things bring me such joy?
The score so to speak, of something rusty or peely
imperfect.
Like me.

I guess that says it all.
We are a treasure, with all our glorious imperfections.
Gotta love that!

blessings,
deedee

1 comment:

  1. perhaps st. anthony and st francis....don't they both have animals??

    ReplyDelete