Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Use your 'big girl words'

I work in preschool.
Yesterday 
another adult in the class said these words,

"use your big girl words,
crying isn't going to get you what you want!"

I had to write it down
and tell her I was
turning it into a sign.

Not only are they good words for young ladies 
learning to be friends,
but for grown up girls too.

My big girl words,
my voice,
it took some time for me
to find it again,
but I never want to forget to
use my 'big girl words'.



'Cause they are worth hearing.
You are a gift and using 
the voice God gave
you 
matters.


A sampling of my  journals
as I was finding
those words.

God has been faithful to me.
He has carried me.
I want to share
that with people.
To give hope.

You may be in rough circumstances.
Most of us have to go through
the valley,
but He is the one
who restores our soul.


Don't lose sight of what is
possible
in your life.
How God can use your story,
How He longs to 
hear you
and heal you.

"Be strong and courageous
for the Lord your God
is with you wherever you go."

Even if it starts with a little squeak,
deedee


No comments:

Post a Comment