Monday, April 30, 2012

The Journey Girls

I have been in a Bible study called "The Healing Journey," by Cyndy Sherwood.
It has definitely been a journey 
and I  have taken it with five other ladies.
On the last day of the study
one of the ladies mentioned praying for her
'journey girls.'
And an idea began in my little brain.
Here they are!
Aren't they so cute!


They are modeled after my 'journey girls' of course,
with lots of hidden messages in this collage.
Now, I am a beginner at this
art stuff,
so I'm not sure what to do with it
for all the ladies.
Or where to have it done,
t-shirts, mugs,
plaques.
Still thinking on how to share
it with 6 of us.


Here is another one I had to do some
technique practicing before I was ready
to put the journey girls on canvas.
I didn't even realize until they were
both done that they went together with the same 
message.

Healing.


He does long to heal us.  Love that.
I need to dwell in that today.
Got to looking at some
old photos and
had a weeping session.

Life hasn't been what
I had hoped and dreamed for.
Initially.
But it can be awesome.
Still.
In a new way.
It is actually,
but healing is a process.
No, 'okay all done, all fixed now.'

Moment by moment.
Finding the good.
The precious.
Cherishing it.

I am very thankful that
my journey girls have  helped me so much this year.
Do you have journey girls?
Friends who can help you through the
muck.
Rejoice with you in the yippees?
I hope so.
Maybe you can be that for someone else.
Friends in the journey.

blessings,
deedee

1 comment:

  1. Love it, Dee Dee! Can't wait to see how your journey girls collage evolves! Can you bring it to our meeting next week? missing seeing everyone!

    ReplyDelete